1. We are covered in ice and snow. It started out sleeting/freezing rain last night...and switched to snow in the night. I came home midday yesterday to work from home....but the roads were fine last night. We even went back to town to eat dinner! But now, it's like a big ice rink out there.
2. I watched the Sound of Music live last night. I had lots of commentary, but I refrained from tweeting it, and instead just texted my friend Taylor. My best line: "How do you solve a problem like Maria? Audra McDonald." :) It was good. Carrie sang great. But there's a reason some people excel at live theater.
3. We still have power, but many around us are out. My parents live 5 miles away and they have no power. My MIL across town has no power. I'm SO thankful for it because I can work from home today and not have to get out.
4. I'm hoping this cold weekend at home to get a quilt finished. I'm working on one for a Christmas gift. I have much quilting and finishing to do! I would also love to plan out my next quilt- a t-shirt quilt of all my race shirts!
5. I had toast and milk this morning for breakfast- since everyone (us included) buys milk and bread for the snow...I figured I would eat it! ha!