Summer brings it's own challenges for my beauty routine. Here are five products that are helping me survive the summer.
1. After Bite Itch Relief. I am a mosquito magnet. Seriously. We can be outside for 5 minutes, no one else will get bit, but I will have 5 bites in 5 minutes. This happens each year. Pair my bug-magnetism with the fact that mosquitoes are bad this year (thanks all that rain for extra standing water!)...and I'm slathering this stuff on regularly. It really does calm the itch fast.
2. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner. Humidity and sweating make my normal long wear eyeliner smear. No one likes a raccoon-eyed girl. I can't usually do liquid- I find it difficult to apply. However, this stuff goes on easily and stays put.
3. Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation. I got a sample of this from a Sephora order...and I fell in love. It's a little pricey ($55 from Sephora), but TOTALLY WORTH IT. It covers well, feels light, and stays matte better than anything else I've used. Great for keeping your makeup on despite the humidity and sweating.
4. Big Sexy Hair Powder Play. The humidity makes my hair fall flat fast. A sprinkle of this at my roots helps keep it bumped up. It also makes it easier to "poof" and fluff up later in the day.
5. Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray. This also helps give my hair volume. It's a texturizing spray. I have NO texture in my hair...so this gives it a little body. It also doesn't feel sticky when it melts away off my sweaty head.
What products help you deal with the heat/humidity/summer?