Saturday, December 28, 2013

2013 in Review

2013 was jammed packed with fun.  Personally, it had some hardships with weight loss and Tyler selling the shop....but it was a good year. So much of my year revolved around completing the 13 in 2013 races, and you can see that recap here.

Here are some of the highlights... 

January  Tyler and I trekked to New Orleans and went on a cruise.  We had a GREAT vacation.

In February, we celebrated my Dad's birthday and all my siblings were together in one place (that rarely happens!)

In March, we won a trip to Little Rock, so we took it for our anniversary.  We ate yummy food, stayed at a fancy hotel, took a brewery tour, and saw a comedy show. Fun weekend together.
April weekends were pretty full of 5ks. 

In May, I headed to Tulsa with Kristin and Taylor for HANSON DAY.  We had a great weekend full of fun and Hanson.

In June, Tyler and I took a weekend trip to St. Louis for my birthday.  Lots of sight seeing, good food, and a Hanson concert. :)

In July, I took a fun girls' trip to Oklahoma City to see New Kids on the Block.  A great memory was finally seeing the OKC Memorial.  So moving.

In August, I headed to Orlando for Zumba Convention.  I saved money all year long and had the trip of a lifetime!

In September, I visited Cleveland for work.  The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame was legendary. 

The weekend after I got back, I headed to Texas to see two back to back Hanson shows.  They were awesome. 

In October, we were Phil and Miss Kay for Halloween. 
And we went "home" to Ouachita for Homecoming (where I felt like such an old lady!)

In November, we took a fun weekend trip to Branson with our moms.


And in December, we got crazy snow!  It was so nice to take some mandatory downtime!
 
2013 sure was fun!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, is that Ashley Dorsey-Hester in your Ouachita picture? I went to high school with her! Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for 2013!! 2013 was definitely the year of Hanson! Ha! I would like to point out that Tay has his hand on my back. 2013 was also the year the rattail was born (or re-born shall I say).

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I was going to say the same thing as Kristin! 2013 will always be remembered as the year of Hanson and Anthem!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet! I'd love to hear from you - I love hearing your reactions, your opinions, your questions, or even just a shoutout that you are here reading. (PS. I hate the verification thingy on blogs...but I've been getting lots of spam lately, so I turned it on. Take that, spammers!) Thanks for your comments. :)