Sunday, December 29, 2013

Recaps and Resolutions

Each year, I like to recap my goals that I set and make new ones.  Last year, for 2013 I set these goals.
 -Get to 150 pounds, then find my happy weight. 
-Reach out to more friends. New and old.
-Finish reading through the Bible.
-Listen more.  Be intentional about having a quiet spirit and listening to those around me more.
-Save more.  I spend money on frivolous things all the time.  I am going to open a savings account and make an effort to pay into that more.
How did I do?
-Get to 150 pounds, then find my happy weight. Didn't make it to that magical number.  I did make strides toward my fitness.  HUGE strides.  Ran 13 races (including one 10k).  Did a triathlon.  However, some struggles this year caused me to actually gain some weight.  I don't love it...but I do love that I was pushing myself to be better this year. 
-Reach out to more friends. New and old. I think I've done this pretty well.  I've spent some time with old friends doing special things...and done more fun things with friends than I really had the time to do! ha!
-Finish reading through the Bible. Did this!  It was wonderful to finish the Bible and I would love to do it again in the future.
-Listen more.  Be intentional about having a quiet spirit and listening to those around me more. Oh man.  I'm better, but I'm nowhere near where I want to be.  I am always talking...and I need to be better at listening.
-Save more.  I spend money on frivolous things all the time.  I am going to open a savings account and make an effort to pay into that more. My online shopping history would say I failed at this...but I did manage to open a savings account and make a plan for saving money.  I'm halfway there. :)

So...for 2014?
Setting some broad goals along with some finite goals. 

- Continue on my healthy living journey.  Lose some weight, keep working out, try new things, being active instead of lazy.
- Be comfortable in my dress at Alden's wedding and in NYC on vacation, knowing that I worked as hard as I could.
- Say "no" to more things.  Create margin in my life.
- Stop biting my nails.  For good. Getting a manicure on the 1st to put things in motion. :)
- Do more things for others. From helping my family to strangers and everywhere in between.  Be willing to do more, even when it's inconvenient.
Support more local businesses. Trying to shop local before buying online.
- Less time on my phone at home.
- Make at least 4 quilts. (t-shirt, one for me, one for Gram, one new technique)
- Be able to fit into all pants by June. (you know you have "someday I'll fit into these" pants!)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like some pretty good goals! I am sure you will do great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals! I have my goals ready to post on Monday. I think you did great this past year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome goals and great job on your 2013 success too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your goals! Some of the goals are similar to mine :) Good Luck in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet! I'd love to hear from you - I love hearing your reactions, your opinions, your questions, or even just a shoutout that you are here reading. (PS. I hate the verification thingy on blogs...but I've been getting lots of spam lately, so I turned it on. Take that, spammers!) Thanks for your comments. :)