Saturday, December 28, 2013

Snack Attack! Crab Dip and Pumpkin Bread!


I hope you are all recovered from the Christmas food coma...because we are getting ready for New Year's Eve!  My friend Keisha is hosting a Snack Attack Blog Hop....and I'm hosting Dana from A Reasonable Adventurer.  I'm posting over at Dining with Debbie.  Check out all the posts at Big Pitt Stop!   

Here's Dana!


I am thankful to be a guest on Britt’s blog today! Today we are participating in a Snack Attack Blog Hop (to see all the recipes being shared check out [insert link to Keisha’s original post here]. This is a new opportunity for me as I am usually expressing my scattered thoughts on the adventure of both the mundane and the extraordinary life at A Reasonable Adventurer.

Two of my favorite holiday recipes are below. May you savor them as much as I do!

Dana’s Creole Crab Dip

2 blocks (16 ounces total) of cream cheese
2 cans (12 ounces total) of real crab meat
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning (or to taste)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 cup chopped pecans

Mix together cheeses and crab meat (use a hand mixer or stand mixer). Add Worcestershire sauce and spices to mixture until well blended. Put dip in serving dish, and add pecans to top, pressing the nuts gently into the dip mixture. Let chill one hour before serving. Serve with pita chips, crackers, or pretzels of your choice.


Pumpkin Bread with Cream Cheese Glaze

Bread:

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
3 cups white sugar
3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon ground ginger

Cream Cheese Glaze:

1 (8 ounce) block of cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans. In a large bowl, mix together all wet ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet mixture, stirring after each addition. Pour batter evenly into loaf pans. Bake for 50-60 minutes in preheated oven. Remove loaves from pans soon after baking is finished. Let cool for 15 minutes. Pour glaze over tops of loaves and let cool completely before serving (but it tastes so good warm, too!)

.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet! I'd love to hear from you - I love hearing your reactions, your opinions, your questions, or even just a shoutout that you are here reading. (PS. I hate the verification thingy on blogs...but I've been getting lots of spam lately, so I turned it on. Take that, spammers!) Thanks for your comments. :)