Tuesday, June 3, 2014

NYC Day 2

Our second day in NYC was packed with fun!  We started our morning with breakfast at a favorite spot, Europa.  Then we went to Wicked: Behind the Emerald Curtain.  It's a behind the scenes look at Wicked, and it only runs on Saturdays.  It's amazingly affordable for the experience you get.  If you're a Wicked fan, you should TOTALLY go.

They set up a mobile museum/viewing area in the lobby and we got to see many of the costumes close up. 
This was Kristin Chenowith's Glinda dress.  Beautiful.  The care that goes into handmaking these costumes is amazing. 
 

This was us in front of the original Nessa Rose wardrobe.

And I got to touch Glinda's wand! Eek!
  

We heard many behind the scenes facts and info about the wigs, makeup, costumes, dancers, how the monkeys fly, the lighting, etc. 

When we were finished, we headed down to Peanut Butter & Co's shop for lunch (after going accidentally uptown on the subway! oops!).

We LOVE this little shop. 
Mom got an Elvis (pb, honey, banana) and I had a Heat is On (spicy pb, chicken, pineapple jam).  It was SO good.


When we finished, we decided to walk around Washington Square Park since we were so close. It was a GORGEOUS day.  I love that you can see the Empire State Building through the arch.

 

We took a cab to the theater for If/Then!

The show was great.  I mean, Idina Menzel, LaChanze, and Anthony Rapp....how can it not be?  It was raining when we left, but mom INSISTED that we stay at the stage door to meet my favorite, Anthony Rapp.  He came out and was SO nice to the fans, even in the rain, signing programs and taking pics.  He signed his book for me and took a picture.

We had dinner at Nizza (AMAZING Italitan food, including a great gluten free menu for mom), and then we saw Pippin.  I LOVED it.  I didn't have much preconceived notions because I knew so little about it...but it was wonderful.  The ending was not typical, and I think it threw the audience off a bit.  Many didn't give a standing ovation (although it was TOTALLY deserved). 

Second day was a wrap! 

2 comments:

  1. the behind the scenes wicked thing sounds awesome! i love all the behind the scenes stuff, facts, and little random trivia. i bet that was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Yall seriously do NYC right!! What fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the Internet! I'd love to hear from you - I love hearing your reactions, your opinions, your questions, or even just a shoutout that you are here reading. (PS. I hate the verification thingy on blogs...but I've been getting lots of spam lately, so I turned it on. Take that, spammers!) Thanks for your comments. :)

If you want a reply, please make sure your email is linked with your Blogger account or that you leave your email in your comment.